Welcome to the Ministry of Tourism Tonga Website
Located to the west of the International Dateline (South-East of Fiji and South of Samoa), Tonga is the first Pacific nation to greet the new day.
Tonga has dramatic & active volcanic landscapes, spectacular tropical rainforest, low-lying coral atolls, pristine coral reefs, magnificent sandy beaches and a unique and beautiful array of flora and fauna.
There is so much to see, do and experience when you visit Islands such as Tongatapu, Vava’u, Ha’apai and ‘Eua. Those seeking adventure can go scuba diving, snorkeling, whale watching, fishing, surfing, hiking, camping, kayaking, horse riding, sailing and much more. In addition to all of the activities, travelers can simply enjoy the gentle pace of our Island lifestyle, observe our authentic and timeless culture, participate in our daily rituals and experience the generosity and hospitality of our people.
- PRESS RELEASE SPTO launches exclusive famil holiday incentive to New Caledonia 12 Feb 2018, Suva, FIJI -The South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) has launched an exclusive, eight-night famil Holiday incentive to New Caledonia for travel agents. The South Pacific Specialist Programme is SPTO’s online training program with accreditation for […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE SPTO Explores Opportunities for Collaboration with Japan February 9, Suva, FIJI- South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO)’s Chief Executive Officer, Christopher Cocker recently returned from a four-day visit to Tokyo, Japan to attend the Sasakawa Peace Foundation’s Cutting Edge Symposium in preparation for the 8th Japan-Pacific Islands Leaders Meeting […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE SPTO rolls out sustainability data collection training in Samoa 9 Feb 2018, Suva, FIJI - The South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) rolled out data collection training for 15 hotels across Samoa that volunteered to take part in its sustainability-monitoring programme. The training is a component of the UN […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE SPTO wins ‘Best New Exhibitor’ at LA Travel and Adventure Show 24 Feb 2018, Suva, FIJI – South Pacific Tourism Organisation has won the ‘Best of Show New Exhibitor at the LA Travel and Adventure Show after participating for the first tine. SPTO and Fiji Airways co-organized the […]Read more > >
- 22 January 2018 PRESS RELEASE American Samoa International Visitor Survey 2017 Released The American Samoa Visitors Bureau today released the 2017 International Visitor Survey (IVS) Report. This is the first intensive study commissioned by the American Samoa Visitors Bureau (ASVB) and delivered by the South Pacific Tourism Organisation. The Report […]Read more > >
‘Healthy Islands: South Pacific Tourism Organisation and World Health Organization forge new partnership’PRESS RELEASE Healthy Islands: South Pacific Tourism Organisation and World Health Organization forge new partnership. 17 January 2018, Suva, FIJI - The World Health Organization (WHO) and the South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) today joined forces to promote healthy tourism in the region. Under the new partnership, the organizations will […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE SPTO announces the appointment of new Miss Pacific Islands as Pacific Islands Tourism Ambassador 2018 December 15, 2017, Suva, FIJI- The South Pacific Tourism Organisation has announced the appointment of the newly crowned Miss Pacific Islands, Matauaina Gwendolyn To’omalatai to the role of the 2018 Pacific Islands Tourism […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE The South Pacific Tourism Organisation recognizes staff member of the year December 14th 2017, Suva, FIJI- The South Pacific Tourism Organisation has recognized the commitment and service of its staff through awarding the SPTO CEO’s Award to the organisation’s Accountant at the annual staff retreat earlier this month. […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE Designers of SPTO brand win Asia Pacific award December 12, 2017, Suva, FIJI- Designers of the South Pacific Tourism Organisation new brand South Pacific Islands have been awarded for their innovative work on the brand at the Transform Awards Asia-Pacific 2017. FutureBrand scooped Silver places for both, Best […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE SPTO boosts industry awareness on Sustainable Resource Management in Hotels December 7th 2017, Suva, FIJI- The South Pacific Tourism Organisation is working with partners to boost industry awareness of sustainability in the hotel sector in Samoa and Fiji through the roll out of industry awareness and training programmes […]Read more > >