Welcome to the Ministry of Tourism Tonga Website
Located to the west of the International Dateline (South-East of Fiji and South of Samoa), Tonga is the first Pacific nation to greet the new day.
Tonga has dramatic & active volcanic landscapes, spectacular tropical rainforest, low-lying coral atolls, pristine coral reefs, magnificent sandy beaches and a unique and beautiful array of flora and fauna.
There is so much to see, do and experience when you visit Islands such as Tongatapu, Vava’u, Ha’apai and ‘Eua. Those seeking adventure can go scuba diving, snorkeling, whale watching, fishing, surfing, hiking, camping, kayaking, horse riding, sailing and much more. In addition to all of the activities, travelers can simply enjoy the gentle pace of our Island lifestyle, observe our authentic and timeless culture, participate in our daily rituals and experience the generosity and hospitality of our people.
- PRESS RELEASE SPTO announces winner of South Pacific Specialist exclusive trip to New Caledonia 3 May 2018, Suva, FIJI -The South Pacific Tourism Organisation is proud to announce the winner of the South Pacific Specialist Competition who is Ms. Leah Gage of Australia. The winner was chosen from a […]Read more > >
‘SPTO & Pacific delegation attend 3rd World Indigenous Tourism Summit& Research Symposium in New Zealand’PRESS RELEASE SPTO & Pacific delegation attend 3rd World Indigenous Tourism Summit& Research Symposium in NZ 2 May 2018, Suva, FIJI -SPTO led the Pacific delegation that attended the 3rd WITS and Research Symposium in New Zealand. The summit on the theme ‘As people disappear from sight, the land […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE SIS members, FSM and Marshall Islands benefit from SPTO’s Capacity building trainings 2 May 2018, Suva, FIJI -The SPTO conducted a joint training on tourism statistics, sustainable tourism and destination and business Marketing for our Small Island States (SIS) members, the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) on […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE Issachar Reappointed SPTO Deputy Chairperson 19 April 2018, Suva, FIJI – The South Pacific Tourism Organisation held its first Board of Directors’ meeting for 2018 last Wednesday 11th April in Adelaide, Australia and reappointed the Director from Vanuatu, Ms. Adela Issachar to be the Deputy Chairperson. SPTO […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE BSP continues sponsorship of Pacific region’s biggest tourism event ‘SPTE18’ 29 March 2018, Suva, FIJI – The region’s biggest bank ‘Bank of the South Pacific’ reaffirmed its commitment to the South Pacific Tourism Organisation yesterday with a $55,000FJD sponsorship for the South Pacific Tourism Exchange 2018, the region’s […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE New Caledonia wins ‘The Golden Gate’ award at ITB Berlin 20 Mar 2018, Suva, FIJI – New Caledonia Tourism (NCT) has won silver in the country category at the ‘Golden City Gate’ Tourism Multimedia Awards at ITB Berlin for their campaign ‘Sounds of New Caledonia’ NCT collaborated with […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE SPTO launches exclusive famil holiday incentive to New Caledonia 12 Feb 2018, Suva, FIJI -The South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) has launched an exclusive, eight-night famil Holiday incentive to New Caledonia for travel agents. The South Pacific Specialist Programme is SPTO’s online training program with accreditation for […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE SPTO Explores Opportunities for Collaboration with Japan February 9, Suva, FIJI- South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO)’s Chief Executive Officer, Christopher Cocker recently returned from a four-day visit to Tokyo, Japan to attend the Sasakawa Peace Foundation’s Cutting Edge Symposium in preparation for the 8th Japan-Pacific Islands Leaders Meeting […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE SPTO rolls out sustainability data collection training in Samoa 9 Feb 2018, Suva, FIJI - The South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) rolled out data collection training for 15 hotels across Samoa that volunteered to take part in its sustainability-monitoring programme. The training is a component of the UN […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE SPTO wins ‘Best New Exhibitor’ at LA Travel and Adventure Show 24 Feb 2018, Suva, FIJI – South Pacific Tourism Organisation has won the ‘Best of Show New Exhibitor at the LA Travel and Adventure Show after participating for the first tine. SPTO and Fiji Airways co-organized the […]Read more > >