Welcome to the Ministry of Tourism Tonga Website
Located to the west of the International Dateline (South-East of Fiji and South of Samoa), Tonga is the first Pacific nation to greet the new day.
Tonga has dramatic & active volcanic landscapes, spectacular tropical rainforest, low-lying coral atolls, pristine coral reefs, magnificent sandy beaches and a unique and beautiful array of flora and fauna.
There is so much to see, do and experience when you visit Islands such as Tongatapu, Vava’u, Ha’apai and ‘Eua. Those seeking adventure can go scuba diving, snorkeling, whale watching, fishing, surfing, hiking, camping, kayaking, horse riding, sailing and much more. In addition to all of the activities, travelers can simply enjoy the gentle pace of our Island lifestyle, observe our authentic and timeless culture, participate in our daily rituals and experience the generosity and hospitality of our people.
- PRESS RELEASE ‘Greater cooperation in Pacific cruise development’ 30th March 2017, Suva, FIJI – The South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) has signed a memorandum of understanding with the South Pacific Cruise Alliance (SPCA) for greater cooperation on the development of the cruise tourism industry in the greater Pacific Islands region. […]Read more > >
- GOVERNMENT OF TONGA MEDIA RELEASE (15th February, 2017) “RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TONGA AND BRAZIL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF TOURISM” His Excellency, Paulo Cesar DE Camargo, the Ambassador designate of Brazil visited the Kingdom of Tonga from 7 to 10 February, 2017 to present his credentials to His Majesty King Tupou VI […]Read more > >
- GOVERNMENT OF TONGA MEDIA RELEASE (10th Feb, 2017) “21 Cruise ships confirmed for 2017” The year 2017 is off to a good start as Tonga prepares and looks forward of welcoming and serving cruise ships arriving at our shore throughout the year. At the beginning of the cruise ship season […]Read more > >
- MEDIA RELEASE Monday 12th September, 2016 Re: RIO 2016 – TEAM TONGA NEWS Re: Tonga Rio 2016 Poster Boy, Pita Taufatofua to Visit the Kingdom from 12-19 September Tonga’s Rio 2016 Poster Boy, Pita Taufatofua jnr will visit the Kingdom from 12th to 19th September together with his […]Read more > >
- GOVERNMENT OF TONGA MEDIA RELEASE (31st August, 2016) “Pacific Island Trade & Invest ANNOUNCES NEW DIGITAL TOURISM WORKSHOP” The tourism sector is one of the world’s fastest growing industries and in the Pacific Islands it is recognised as an important driver of economic growth, income-generation and employment opportunities – particularly […]Read more > >
“The arrival of MV Pacific Aria into the Kingdom of Tonga prolongs the glistening feature of Tongan culture and tradition that showcased at Rio Olympics.”GOVERNMENT OF TONGA MEDIA RELEASE (23rd August, 2016) “The arrival of MV Pacific Aria into the Kingdom of Tonga prolongs the glistening feature of Tongan culture and tradition that showcased at Rio Olympics.” The MV Pacific Aria had arrived at the Puatalefusi Wharf this morning at 8:00 am today, […]Read more > >
- “Beautiful Tonga” has been the subject of the annual celebration of Heilala Festival for 2016. It is embedded within the diaspora of good hearts and minds of the people who choose to “make a difference” in the Tongan communities. Understanding that we belong and to the extent that we own […]Read more > >
“The arrival of MV Pacific Pearl at Nuku’alofa Wharf on Thursday 2nd June 2016 will join the continued-celebration of events in the Kingdom of Tonga”GOVERNMENT OF TONGA MEDIA RELEASE (2nd June, 2016) “The arrival of MV Pacific Pearl at Nuku’alofa Wharf on Thursday 2nd June 2016 will join the continued-celebration of events in the Kingdom of Tonga” At around 6:30Am on Thursday morning the 2nd of June 2016, the passengers and crews of […]Read more > >
- Press Release – 23/07/2015 From the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed by the Tonga Ministry of Tourism (MOT) and the China National Tourism Administration (CNTA) on 3rd July, 2015, both parties declared their commitment to work together in areas of information sharing, marketing promotion, cultural exchange, personnel training and other […]Read more > >
- Press Release - 20/07/2015 Recognizing the importance of tourism for economic development, the National Tourism Administration of the People’s Republic of China and the Tonga Ministry of Tourism signed a Memorandum of Understanding to promote tourism cooperation and expand tourism exchanges between the two countries. Both countries have enjoyed a long […]Read more > >