Welcome to the Ministry of Tourism Tonga Website
Located to the west of the International Dateline (South-East of Fiji and South of Samoa), Tonga is the first Pacific nation to greet the new day.
Tonga has dramatic & active volcanic landscapes, spectacular tropical rainforest, low-lying coral atolls, pristine coral reefs, magnificent sandy beaches and a unique and beautiful array of flora and fauna.
There is so much to see, do and experience when you visit Islands such as Tongatapu, Vava’u, Ha’apai and ‘Eua. Those seeking adventure can go scuba diving, snorkeling, whale watching, fishing, surfing, hiking, camping, kayaking, horse riding, sailing and much more. In addition to all of the activities, travelers can simply enjoy the gentle pace of our Island lifestyle, observe our authentic and timeless culture, participate in our daily rituals and experience the generosity and hospitality of our people.
- PRESS RELEASE South Pacific Tourism Exchange 2018 goes to Adelaide, Australia. 28th September 2017, Suva FIJI- The South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) has officially announced the 5th South Pacific Tourism Exchange 2018 to be held in Adelaide, Australia on April 12th and 13th, 2018. This decision to […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE SPTO Teams Up with Pacific Islands Trade &Invest to Promote Pacific Tourism in China 11 September 2017, Apia, Samoa – The South Pacific Tourism Organisation signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Pacific Islands Trade and Investment Commission (PTI China) last Friday to establish a partnership to progress […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE SPTO appoints Membership & Corporate Sponsorship Officer 11 September 2017, Suva, FIJI – The South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) is pleased to announce the appointment of its a new Membership and Corporate Sponsorship Officer, Mr Jamsheer Ali who will be responsible for SPTO’s private sector membership and corporate […]Read more > >
- Ministry of Tourism GOVERNMENT OF TONGA PRESS RELEASE EXPEDIA VISITS TO TONGA Nuku’alofa, Tongatapu: July 28th, 2017 On July 24th 2017, Mrs. Samantha Stock and Ms. Tarnya Paton of Expedia Travel Company visited the Kingdom of Tonga for five days and returned back to Australia on the 28th […]Read more > >
- PRESS RELEASE ‘Greater cooperation in Pacific cruise development’ 30th March 2017, Suva, FIJI – The South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) has signed a memorandum of understanding with the South Pacific Cruise Alliance (SPCA) for greater cooperation on the development of the cruise tourism industry in the greater Pacific Islands region. […]Read more > >
- GOVERNMENT OF TONGA MEDIA RELEASE (15th February, 2017) “RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TONGA AND BRAZIL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF TOURISM” His Excellency, Paulo Cesar DE Camargo, the Ambassador designate of Brazil visited the Kingdom of Tonga from 7 to 10 February, 2017 to present his credentials to His Majesty King Tupou VI […]Read more > >
- GOVERNMENT OF TONGA MEDIA RELEASE (10th Feb, 2017) “21 Cruise ships confirmed for 2017” The year 2017 is off to a good start as Tonga prepares and looks forward of welcoming and serving cruise ships arriving at our shore throughout the year. At the beginning of the cruise ship season […]Read more > >
- MEDIA RELEASE Monday 12th September, 2016 Re: RIO 2016 – TEAM TONGA NEWS Re: Tonga Rio 2016 Poster Boy, Pita Taufatofua to Visit the Kingdom from 12-19 September Tonga’s Rio 2016 Poster Boy, Pita Taufatofua jnr will visit the Kingdom from 12th to 19th September together with his […]Read more > >
- GOVERNMENT OF TONGA MEDIA RELEASE (31st August, 2016) “Pacific Island Trade & Invest ANNOUNCES NEW DIGITAL TOURISM WORKSHOP” The tourism sector is one of the world’s fastest growing industries and in the Pacific Islands it is recognised as an important driver of economic growth, income-generation and employment opportunities – particularly […]Read more > >
“The arrival of MV Pacific Aria into the Kingdom of Tonga prolongs the glistening feature of Tongan culture and tradition that showcased at Rio Olympics.”GOVERNMENT OF TONGA MEDIA RELEASE (23rd August, 2016) “The arrival of MV Pacific Aria into the Kingdom of Tonga prolongs the glistening feature of Tongan culture and tradition that showcased at Rio Olympics.” The MV Pacific Aria had arrived at the Puatalefusi Wharf this morning at 8:00 am today, […]Read more > >